KIANA JOHN-BAPTISTE |
ST.THOMAS–Let’s face it cafeteria food does not always satisfy one’s hunger. Often, students would rather go out, or have food delivered to their room.
“Sometimes I do not feel like eating the café food and going off campus is easy, so why not.” Gabrielle Joseph, a 19-year-old sophomore at the University of the Virgin Islands said.
Here is a list of the top five places to eat under $10 on St. Thomas, for UVI students:
1. Burger Maxx–Conveniently placed on the waterfront, Burger Maxx is your go-to place for burgers, wings, fries and sandwiches. Their hours are perfect for a hungry college student. On weekdays, they open from 11a.m. to midnight. On Fridays, they are open from 11 a.m. to 5 a.m. Saturdays, their doors open at 6 p.m. to 5 a.m. Their business hours on Sundays are from 6 p.m. and 12 a.m. They also have a lunch special: ½ pound burger with fries and a beverage for only $10. Although it may take a while for your order to be ready, customers are able to relax in their air conditioned store front, or outside under the cabana. To avoid long lines and waiting times, call in your order!
2. Domino’s–Located less than five minutes away from campus in Nisky Center, Domino’s is the favorite of many students. This establishment serves pizza, sandwiches, and wings. The hours are Mondays through Thursdays: 10 a.m.to 11 p.m., Fridays and Saturdays, 10 a.m. to midnight and on Sundays, 11a.m. to 10 p.m. This is the most convenient and simple way to get food. They deliver for only $2.50 extra. One thing that may deter students from buying is that the order has to be over $17, including the delivery fee
3. Subway- This popular food chain is located right next to Domino’s and is the healthiest choice out of all of them. Subway has a special for everyday; a six inch sub with a drink for $5. There also is the popular $5 foot long. Their hours are Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., Saturdays 8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., and Sundays 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. The sandwiches are very filling and cost effective. There are very few negative comments on this fast-food chain.
4. Wendy’s- Located about 15 minutes from campus, in the Havensight area, is the Wendy’s restaurant. This American fast food chain sells sandwiches, fries and frosty’s. Their hours are 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. from Sunday through Thursdays and on Fridays and Sundays, the open from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. The drive-thru is always opened an hour later in respect to the restaurant times. The meals here may be a little pricey.
5. McDonald’s- There are two locations that are easily accessible for UVI students: One is about 10 minutes away in Frenchtown, and the other about 20 minutes away in Lockhart Gardens. McDonald’s has a $4.75 special combo for each day of the week. They often rearrange them to prevent the customers from becoming bored with their choices. This is the cheapest option that students have. The hours are Sunday through Thursday 6 a.m. until 11p.m. and on Fridays and Saturdays, they are open until midnight. Although this option is not the healthiest, it can be filling; just do not visit it too often!
2 thoughts on “Top 5 Take out joints for UVI students”